Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Homehome (hōm),USA pronunciation n., adj., adv., v., homed, hom•ing.
- a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
- the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.
- an institution for the homeless, sick, etc.: a nursing home.
- the dwelling place or retreat of an animal.
- the place or region where something is native or most common.
- any place of residence or refuge: a heavenly home.
- a person's native place or own country.
- (in games) the destination or goal.
- a principal base of operations or activities: The new stadium will be the home of the local football team.
- [Baseball.]See home plate.
- [Lacrosse.]one of three attack positions nearest the opposing goal.
- at home:
- in one's own house or place of residence.
- in one's own town or country.
- prepared or willing to receive social visits: Tell him I'm not at home. We are always at home to her.
- in a situation familiar to one;
at ease: She has a way of making everyone feel at home.
proficient: to be at home in the classics.
- played in one's hometown or on one's own grounds: The Yankees played two games at home and one away.
- of, pertaining to, or connected with one's home or country;
domestic: home products.
- principal or main: the corporation's home office.
- reaching the mark aimed at: a home thrust.
- played in a ball park, arena, or the like, that is or is assumed to be the center of operations of a team: The pitcher didn't lose a single home game all season.Cf. away (def. 14).
- to, toward, or at home: to go home.
to the heart: The truth of the accusation struck home.
- to the mark or point aimed at: He drove the point home.
- into the position desired;
perfectly or to the greatest possible extent: sails sheeted home.
- in the proper, stowed position: The anchor is home.
- toward its vessel: to bring the anchor home.
- bring home to, to make evident to;
clarify or emphasize for: The irrevocability of her decision was brought home to her.
- home and dry, having safely achieved one's goal.
- home free:
- assured of finishing, accomplishing, succeeding, etc.: If we can finish more than half the work today, we'll be home free.
- certain to be successfully finished, accomplished, secured, etc.: With most of the voters supporting it, the new law is home free.
- write home about, to comment especially on;
remark on: The town was nothing to write home about. His cooking is really something to write home about.
- to go or return home.
- (of guided missiles, aircraft, etc.) to proceed, esp. under control of an automatic aiming mechanism, toward a specified target, as a plane, missile, or location (often fol. by in on): The missile homed in on the target.
- to navigate toward a point by means of coordinates other than those given by altitudes.
- to have a home where specified;
- to bring or send home.
- to provide with a home.
- to direct, esp. under control of an automatic aiming device, toward an airport, target, etc.
Remediesrem•e•dy (rem′i dē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -dies, v., -died, -dy•ing.
- something that cures or relieves a disease or bodily disorder;
a healing medicine, application, or treatment.
- something that corrects or removes an evil of any kind.
- legal redress;
the legal means of enforcing a right or redressing a wrong.
- [Coinage.]a certain allowance at the mint for deviation from the standard weight and fineness of coins;
- to cure, relieve, or heal.
- to restore to the natural or proper condition;
put right: to remedy a matter.
- to counteract or remove: to remedy an evil.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Stuffystuff•y (stuf′ē),USA pronunciation adj., stuff•i•er, stuff•i•est.
poorly ventilated: a stuffy room.
- oppressive from lack of freshness: stuffy air; a stuffy odor.
- lacking in interest, as writing or discourse.
- affected with a sensation of obstruction in the respiratory passages: a stuffy nose.
- dull or tedious;
- rigid or strait-laced in attitudes, esp. in matters of personal behavior.
Nosenose (nōz),USA pronunciation n., v., nosed, nos•ing.
- the part of the face or facial region in humans and certain animals that contains the nostrils and the organs of smell and functions as the usual passageway for air in respiration: in humans it is a prominence in the center of the face formed of bone and cartilage, serving also to modify or modulate the voice.
- this part as the organ of smell.
- the sense of smell: fragrances appealing to the nose.
- anything regarded as resembling the nose of a person or animal, as a spout or nozzle.
- the prow of a ship.
- the forward end of an aircraft.
- the forward edge of the head of a golf club.
- a projecting part of anything: the nose of a pair of pliers.
- a faculty of perceiving or detecting: to have a nose for news.
- the human nose regarded as a symbol of meddling or prying: Why can't he keep his nose out of my business?
- the length of a nose: The horse won the race by a nose.
- the bouquet of an alcoholic drink, esp. the distinctive aroma of a wine.
- count noses, to count the number of people in attendance: Each time the troop left an exhibit the leader counted noses.
- cut off one's nose to spite one's face, to create a disadvantage to oneself through one's own spiteful action.
- follow one's nose:
- to go forward in a straight course.
- to guide oneself by instinct: I found the house by following my nose.
- hold one's nose, to repress feelings of distaste, repulsion, or offense for something that one is obliged to do: He held his nose and voted for the bill.
- keep one's nose clean, to behave oneself;
avoid trouble or scandal: Did he keep his nose clean after he got out of prison?
- keep one's nose to the grindstone. See grindstone (def. 3).
- lead or lead around by the nose, to exercise complete control over;
dominate totally: He lets his brother lead him by the nose.
- look down one's nose at, to regard with disdain or condescension: He had always looked down his nose at those who were poorer than he.
- on the nose:
- precisely, correctly, or perfectly.
- exactly on time: We made it at ten o'clock on the nose.
- (of a bet) for win only.
- [Australian Informal.]decayed or putrid;
- [Australian Informal.]distasteful or unpleasant;
of doubtful validity or propriety.
- pay through the nose, to pay an excessive price: They patronize small and exclusive shops where they cheerfully pay through the nose.
- put someone's nose out of joint:
- to annoy or irritate greatly.
- to supersede a person in another's regard, devotion, etc.
- to thwart someone;
spoil someone's plans.
- rub someone's nose in, to persecute or tease someone persistently about;
nag someone about: I know I was wrong but you don't have to rub my nose in it.
- turn up one's nose at, to regard with contempt;
scorn: My friend turns up his nose at anyone who hasn't had a college education.
- under someone's nose, plainly visible to;
in full view of;
in bold defiance of: The theft took place right under the detective's nose.Also, under someone's very nose.
- to perceive by or as by the nose or the sense of smell: a cheese that could be nosed at some distance.
- to approach the nose to, as in smelling or examining;
- to move or push forward with or as with the nose: The dog nosed its pup back into the yard. The boat nosed its way toward shore.
- to touch or rub with the nose;
- to smell or sniff.
- to seek as if by smelling or scent: The dogs nosed after their quarry.
- to move or push forward: to nose into the wind.
- to meddle or pry (often fol. by about, into, etc.): They are always nosing about in other people's business.
- nose out:
- to defeat, esp. by a narrow margin: The other candidates had been nosed out in the final returns.
- to learn or discover, esp. by snooping or prying: to nose out a secret.
Hi guys, this image is about Good Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose #3 StylEnrich. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 707 x 1206. It's file size is just 124 KB. If You ought to save This blog post to Your PC, you might Click here. You also also see more images by clicking the following picture or read more at this post: Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose.
One of many modern-style but in addition toilet sink design that is cool is really a leaf- . When exhibited alongside, this design seems quite stunning. Double leaf leaves practically resemble grapes that folded gracefully in your toilet stand.
You're able to and may prefer a Good Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose #3 StylEnrich if you want plants. This model resembles a white cosmetic bowl that is beautiful with bouquets adoring the bowl's top part. It is mounted effortlessly beneath the stand and looks incredibly stunning.
This is possibly merely a sink for that area, for those who have a visitor bathroom that requires a far more feminine feel. With a lot of exclusive models that you can select, there has to be work that satisfies you when creating a decision. But nobody claims that bathroom remodeling that is successful will undoubtedly be a straightforward task.