Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Stuffystuff•y (stuf′ē),USA pronunciation adj., stuff•i•er, stuff•i•est.
poorly ventilated: a stuffy room.
- oppressive from lack of freshness: stuffy air; a stuffy odor.
- lacking in interest, as writing or discourse.
- affected with a sensation of obstruction in the respiratory passages: a stuffy nose.
- dull or tedious;
- rigid or strait-laced in attitudes, esp. in matters of personal behavior.
Nosenose (nōz),USA pronunciation n., v., nosed, nos•ing.
- the part of the face or facial region in humans and certain animals that contains the nostrils and the organs of smell and functions as the usual passageway for air in respiration: in humans it is a prominence in the center of the face formed of bone and cartilage, serving also to modify or modulate the voice.
- this part as the organ of smell.
- the sense of smell: fragrances appealing to the nose.
- anything regarded as resembling the nose of a person or animal, as a spout or nozzle.
- the prow of a ship.
- the forward end of an aircraft.
- the forward edge of the head of a golf club.
- a projecting part of anything: the nose of a pair of pliers.
- a faculty of perceiving or detecting: to have a nose for news.
- the human nose regarded as a symbol of meddling or prying: Why can't he keep his nose out of my business?
- the length of a nose: The horse won the race by a nose.
- the bouquet of an alcoholic drink, esp. the distinctive aroma of a wine.
- count noses, to count the number of people in attendance: Each time the troop left an exhibit the leader counted noses.
- cut off one's nose to spite one's face, to create a disadvantage to oneself through one's own spiteful action.
- follow one's nose:
- to go forward in a straight course.
- to guide oneself by instinct: I found the house by following my nose.
- hold one's nose, to repress feelings of distaste, repulsion, or offense for something that one is obliged to do: He held his nose and voted for the bill.
- keep one's nose clean, to behave oneself;
avoid trouble or scandal: Did he keep his nose clean after he got out of prison?
- keep one's nose to the grindstone. See grindstone (def. 3).
- lead or lead around by the nose, to exercise complete control over;
dominate totally: He lets his brother lead him by the nose.
- look down one's nose at, to regard with disdain or condescension: He had always looked down his nose at those who were poorer than he.
- on the nose:
- precisely, correctly, or perfectly.
- exactly on time: We made it at ten o'clock on the nose.
- (of a bet) for win only.
- [Australian Informal.]decayed or putrid;
- [Australian Informal.]distasteful or unpleasant;
of doubtful validity or propriety.
- pay through the nose, to pay an excessive price: They patronize small and exclusive shops where they cheerfully pay through the nose.
- put someone's nose out of joint:
- to annoy or irritate greatly.
- to supersede a person in another's regard, devotion, etc.
- to thwart someone;
spoil someone's plans.
- rub someone's nose in, to persecute or tease someone persistently about;
nag someone about: I know I was wrong but you don't have to rub my nose in it.
- turn up one's nose at, to regard with contempt;
scorn: My friend turns up his nose at anyone who hasn't had a college education.
- under someone's nose, plainly visible to;
in full view of;
in bold defiance of: The theft took place right under the detective's nose.Also, under someone's very nose.
- to perceive by or as by the nose or the sense of smell: a cheese that could be nosed at some distance.
- to approach the nose to, as in smelling or examining;
- to move or push forward with or as with the nose: The dog nosed its pup back into the yard. The boat nosed its way toward shore.
- to touch or rub with the nose;
- to smell or sniff.
- to seek as if by smelling or scent: The dogs nosed after their quarry.
- to move or push forward: to nose into the wind.
- to meddle or pry (often fol. by about, into, etc.): They are always nosing about in other people's business.
- nose out:
- to defeat, esp. by a narrow margin: The other candidates had been nosed out in the final returns.
- to learn or discover, esp. by snooping or prying: to nose out a secret.
Hello peoples, this post is about Steam Inhalation For Stuffy Nose (delightful Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose #1). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 820 x 547. This blog post's file size is just 56 KB. Wether You decided to download This image to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You may too see more images by clicking the following image or see more at here: Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose.
Steam Inhalation For Stuffy Nose (delightful Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose #1) continues to be selected from the newly married couple to perform the house. In addition to its design that is modern but nonetheless easy, this table been because of several strengths including could possibly be applied of gathering together a kid's understanding, your family as a way, a location so forth and to place your kitchen gear.
The Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose suitable for home space's current form. This mini-table has a shape that is rectangular that is glossy to produce it search more respectable to get a young couple that is vibrant. Contemporary platforms will also be easier handled and cleaned consequently didn't spend long a young couple that are super hectic.
This stand is usually coupled with a-mini home but can be positioned on another room. Pricing stand can also be cheaper than other table due to its size that is small. There is no damage in hearing some layout multifunctional bar table below for enthusiasm if you prefer to purchase this stand.